Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Prescription for Love Update

Chapter Ten on FFn

Chapter Ten on AO3

Chapter Ten on TWCS


"Eddie, what are you getting Bella for Valentine's day?" Rose asked from her spot in my living room. I was cooking in the kitchen while Jasper was noodling on my guitar.

"I have no clue, Rosie," I sighed. "Is it too soon for jewelry? We've only been together for a month. I don't want to scare her off."

"Edward, she seems pretty skittish as it is," Jasper said bluntly. I threw a roll at his head. "Thanks, I was hungry."

"Don't be an ass, Jasper. I've told you about her and do you blame her for being skittish?" I asked angrily.

"I don't. She has every right to be hesitant about being in a relationship. This girl has been shit on for a majority of her life, Jazzy. Not everyone is as perfect as you, asstard," Rose said, arching a brow.

"Thank you, Rose," I said. "You get it."

"That's because I'm dealing with it," Rose said quietly. "I had great upbringing but Royce took all of my self-esteem away. You know? I mean, I'm working on getting that back and proving to Royce that I'm not the victim anymore."

"You're doing great, Rosie," Jasper said, smiling sheepishly. "And Edward, I'm sorry about making light of what Bella's feeling. She seems like a wonderful woman."

"You're just saying that, Jasper," I said, trying to reign in my anger. I knew my brother didn't understand what I saw in Bella. Then again, Jasper didn't really think with his big head. He was merely guided by his little head. Otherwise known as his cock.

"Jasper, it isn't all about looks, you know?" Rose spat. "From what Edward's told me about Bella, she's a gorgeous person. So what if she's heavier, you ass. If Edward loves her, which he does, then we need to support him. If you can't handle that, then you are a small-minded idiot that only sees the outside picture. Not the beauty within." She hopped up and ran up the stairs to the guest bedroom, slamming the door.

"I…I wasn't…shit," Jasper whimpered.

"She's right, isn't she?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at my brother. "You don't see Bella. You see her weight."
Jasper blushed and nodded. "I don't get it, Edward. You go from Tanya, who is the epitome of fucking hot, to Bella who is, um, fat."

"You're not perfect, either, Jasper," I snarled. "Who are you to decide who I should or should not date? I'm not giving you shit for dating Alice."

"That's because she's thin!" Jasper yelled.

In a rage, I ran over to Jasper and tossed my guitar onto the ground. I picked him up by his collar and slammed in against the wall. "You better change your fucking attitude about my girlfriend or we're going to have some serious issues, Jasper," I growled in his face.

"You're going to choose Bella over me?" Jasper asked, his eyes widening.

"Right now, yes. She's got a heart of gold who cares for everyone. You just see the outward appearance and make snap judgments," I seethed. "So what if Bella's fat. I love her, Jasper. Get it through your thick skull that I'm going to be with her until a. we break up or b. one of us dies. I'd rather you be a part of our lives, but if you can't see past her weight, then you may have lost a brother."

"And a sister," Rose said from the doorway of the music room.
















No comments:

Post a Comment