Friday, July 6, 2012

A Prescription for Love Teaser


“Eddie!”

“Hello, Emmett,” I said as I turned to face my new friend. “And it’s Edward. I outgrew Eddie when I was out of diapers. Well, only person can call me Eddie and it isn’t you.”

“Who? A girlfriend?” he crooned.

“No. My baby sister,” I said, arching a brow. “As for the girlfriend, I’m working on that. Kind of.”

“Come on, I’ll spot you. We’ll chat about your kind of girlfriend,” Emmett replied as I lay back down on the bench. I did ten reps on the bench press with Emmett hovering to ensure I didn’t kill myself. “Spill.”

“Do want to go over to my place and we’ll do our hair while we talk about girls?” I asked, batting my eyelashes.

“I can braid your mop, Dr. C. Seriously, what’s up?” Emmett asked as he sat down on the bench next to me. “Kind of, sort of girlfriend.”

“Well, right now we’re just friends…”

“Oooh, the friendzone. Not cool,” Emmett chimed.

“Can I finish before you put in  your two cents, McCarty?” I asked. He nodded and I continued. “She’s a nurse at the hospital I work at. However, she’s been dealt a shit hand of cards. Her dad, who lost his leg on the job as a cop, is a first class asshole and kicked her out of the house on Christmas.”

“Let me at ‘em. I’ll kick his ass. Who would do that?!” Emmett growled.

“Her dad,” I snarled in return. “Anyhow, he pretty called her worthless all of her life but she’s not. She’s an amazing woman with a good heart and brilliant mind.”

“Why did he call her worthless?” Emmett asked.

“Bella’s on the heavier side,” I answered.

“You’re a chubby chaser?” Emmett bellowed. I shot up and shoved him against the wall. Emmett’s blue eyes widened and he gulped.

“If you value our newly formed friendship, you will refrain from EVER saying that again,” I hissed. “Her weight means absolutely nothing to me. She’s a gorgeous woman. She deserves to be treated right and I want to do it…I want to show her that she’s worth so much. That she deserves to be loved.”

2 comments:

  1. Oh I just love Edward. And there are a lot of guys who like their woman curvy. They don't want to date sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo hoooo ... Yay Doc for standing your ground on your feelings & protectiveness of Nurse Bella!

    ReplyDelete