Sunday, April 8, 2012

Figure Eight Update

Competition, Surfing and More Competitions

"I'm nervous, Edward," Bella whispered in the dark. It was the eve of the short program at Nationals. We had had two awesome practices in a rink twenty-five minutes away from San Jose. But, Bella's mind was freaking out. She was distant all night. "What if we don't get past the short program like in London?"

"Bell, we will," I soothed as I cradled her body to my chest. She seemed so small tonight. "You're stronger than you give yourself credit for, love. We'll do fine. Just remember who's standing next to you."

"Carlisle?" she giggled.

"Not funny, Swan," I said flatly.

"I know. Edward, you've been amazing. I probably would have crumbled if I was with Jacob or any other skater," she whispered, looking up at me. Her brown eyes were brimming with tears. "Thank you."

"I'd do anything for you, Bella," I said, cupping her cheek. "Absolutely anything. But we need to sleep, love. Alice is going to here early to make us both beautiful."

"Edward, you're already gorgeous," she laughed lightly.

"As are you, but Alice wants perfection," I snickered, kissing her forehead. "Sleep, my beautiful."

"Okay," she murmured, snuggling into my embrace. She eventually nodded off and was sleeping soundly, draped across my bare chest. I ran my fingers through her hair as I tried to quell my own nerves. This was the first time that we would perform on United States soil…for the National Championship. My own fears reared their ugly heads and I tried to push them to the back of my mind. I did need to sleep but my mind wouldn't shut down. Sighing, I extricated myself from Bella's hold and put on a pair of workout pants and t-shirt. With a soft kiss to her forehead and quick note, I headed downstairs to the lobby.



No comments:

Post a Comment