Saturday, January 7, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

Merry Pre-Christmas, Geekward Style

The entire ride home from the benefit, I held Bella in my arms. We stared into each other's eyes, tears flowing freely. She was so upset when I wasn't in the office. She thought that…that…that Emmett had gotten me. Thank god, he didn't. However, if he had, I wouldn't have hesitated to put him in his place. I was no longer that shy, geeky, unsure Edward anymore. I had this strength inside me to protect my family. If I had to fucking die while I was doing it, then so be it. I don't want to die. I want to grow old with my wife and see my little girl get married. I want to see my grandchildren. Okay, I'm not dying. If anyone is dying, it will be Emmett. Hopefully in jail.

Once we got back to the house, we changed out of our dress clothes and held Kyra. Well, Bella held Kyra and I held Bella. Johnny asked why we came home early and I answered with one word, "Emmett." He nodded curtly and went to do his rounds of our property.

Kyra also knew something was up, too. She was very cuddly with Bella. Even more so than usual. Bella asked me if she could put the pack and play in our bedroom. Little did she know that while she was changing, I had already done so. I needed my baby girl with me just as much as Bella. We went to bed early, placing Kyra in her pack and play. Bella crawled into bed and clutched the angel lion I had gotten her when were first dating. I slid in next to her, holding her close to my heart.

She turned in my arms and kissed my lips. I could feel the terror and need to be close in her kiss. My responding kiss was equally as needy. Soon, our clothes were removed and we were making love. We needed to connect with each other. Needed that assurance that we were with each other. Forever. We both reached our peak and fell over the edge in tears. Bella sobbed against my naked chest, begging for the nightmare to end. Tears fell onto my cheeks, wanting to protect my family and desperately needing to make my brother disappear. Shortly after Bella's outburst, she cried herself to sleep. Her grip on me was vice-like. I couldn't sleep. I just held her until the sun came up.



Christmas Eve Eve Outfits







1 comment:

  1. Have I ever told you how wonderful and absolutely and totally outstanding your blogspot is? It is one of my favorite bookmarks. As soon as I see an update on one of your stories, I open the blog along with it.

    You deserve an award for this service. Phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete