Sunday, January 8, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Update

Chapter Nine

Ow.

My neck hurts.

Why in the hell does my neck hurt?

What is pushing on my bladder?

I cracked open my eyes and looked around the room. It was daylight. That I could tell, but not much else. My glasses were no longer on my face. Whatever was pressing on my bladder shifted and I looked down. Curled on my chest was Bella, her head right above my heart. Her arms were wrapped around Emma who was nestled against Bella's side. Tears sprang in my eyes at how she was holding my little girl and how my Emma was holding Bella. I couldn't tell where one ended and the other one began.

This should have been my family. This WILL be my family.

"Daddy?" Emma mumbled, her little voice rough from disuse. "Can you make us pancakes?"

"Sure, angel," I murmured.

"With strawberries," Bella said against my belly. "Whipped cream if you got it."

No comments:

Post a Comment