Saturday, January 14, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Teaser


Edward took off his coat and sat on my couch while I put my presents away. I also opened up Alice’s gift. “I’m going to kill her.”

“Kill who?” Edward asked from his spot on the couch.

“Alice,” I grumbled. “You know that present?”

“Yeah…”

I held up a very skimpy negligee.

“I love Alice,” Edward smiled, his green eyes darkening. I blushed and bit my lip. Hiding behind my hair, I felt a few tears fall down my cheeks. “Bella?”

“I’m fine,” I whispered.

Edward walked to where I was sitting and took my face in his hands. “No, you’re not. You’re crying,” he murmured. “Why, baby?”

“Because, of this,” I said as I held the silky blue fabric in my hands. “I am so afraid that if you see me…my scars…my body that you’ll run.”

“Bella, you’re stuck with me,” Edward said quietly, his voice filled with sincerity. “I’ve got my own share of scars, love.” He pulled up his shirt to reveal a tiny scar on his abdomen. “I’ve had my appendix removed. I had a nasty incident with a skateboard that left me with half of my right leg that won’t grow hair.”

I giggled quietly and arched a brow. “So you have one leg that’s hairy and the other isn’t?”

“Kind of. I rarely wear shorts,” he shrugged. “And it’s not a scar but I turn a lovely shade of puce in the sun. I burn to a crisp. I’m part albino.”

“You and me, both,” I sighed. “But, the biggest scar is this.” I put my hand on my belly, above my womb. “I don’t know if I can have more children, Edward. I’m broken.”

His hand rested above mine. “I’m with you, forever, Bella. I know that you want children and if we get to that point, we’ll explore all the options if conceiving is a challenge. We have a ways before we get there. And know that no matter what, I will always love you. Scars and all.”

“I love you, too. Even though you have freaky legs,” I said as I hugged him. He held me tightly and kissed my neck. “I know that I’m not ready for sex but you want to make out?”

“Hell yeah,” he bellowed as he picked me up from the chair. “On the couch or the boudoir?”

“Boudoir,” I purred. He smiled crookedly and carried me to my bedroom where we made out like horny teenagers until we both grew tired. We changed into our pajamas and mumbled our love to each other before falling asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment