Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

I'm Dreaming of a White Benefit

"Jesus, this traffic is insane," Edward grumbled. "It's five on a Saturday. We should not be stuck in gridlock on the Eisenhower."

"Edward, we'll get to the benefit when we get there," I said as I leaned my head against his shoulder.
"We are the guests of honor. The party can't start without us."

"I know," he said. "The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get home. I hate being away from Kyra. Especially now."

"Matthew is with her, along with Johnny," I soothed. Though, I was with Edward in the fear I felt being away from my baby. I just wanted to take her and disappear. A tropical island sounds really good about now.

"Admit, Bella. You're thinking the same thing I am," Edward said, arching a brow. "Disappearing?"

"Yes," I whispered, playing with my wedding ring. "I just wish that Emmett…"

"I know," Edward said quietly as he cupped my cheek. "Let's just have fun tonight, gorgeous."

"Okay," I said with a shaky smile. Edward laced his fingers with mine and idly played with my fingers as we crept along the highway. "What do you want to do for Christmas, Edward?"

"Our first wedding anniversary," Edward corrected.

"Well, both," I giggled.

"Let's have it at our house," he suggested. "We have enough room and I want to keep Kyra in someplace familiar. What do you want for Christmas, gorgeous?"

"You, wrapped in a bow?" I quipped.

"That can be arranged," he laughed. "Anything else?"

"Freedom," I sighed.
"Me too, baby," he said as he pulled me closer to his chest. "I wish…I pray every night for this to be over. Once Emmett is caught, I'm seriously going to take the entire family and we're going away for a month to reconnect with each other. Perhaps we can go back to Maui. Visit Irina and Kelly?"

"That sounds like fun," I smiled. "I miss them."

No comments:

Post a Comment