Sunday, November 6, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


“Knock, knock,” came a bell-like voice. “It’s Alice.”

“In the living room, Fairy,” I called out. She came into my apartment and plopped down next to me. “What’s up, Wee One?”

“I’m not that ‘wee,’” she giggled.

“You’re like 90 pounds, soaking wet?” I snickered. Alice growled and smacked my chest. “Seriously, what’s on your mind, Alice?”

“Bella’s birthday,” Alice said with an impish grin. “I want to do this big blow out.”

“Alice, no,” I said with a frown. “Bella doesn’t want a big party. I asked what she wanted to do and she just wants me to cook her dinner. Have it just be the two of us.”

“But…” Alice wailed.

“The last time we had a big ‘blow out,’ Bella got attacked by Jacob. She’s a little gun shy,” I said, arching my brow.

“Okay,” Alice mumbled. “Have you got her birthday present?”

“No. That’s where I need help,” I said. “I don’t want to overwhelm her, but I want to make her birthday to be incredibly special. I was toying with the idea of extending our stay in London during our trip around the holidays so she could enjoy the majesty of my home prior to Seattle.”

“That’s really good, Brit,” Alice smiled. “I do have a question for you, though.”

“What?”

“Do you want to marry Bella?” Alice asked, her eyes searching mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment