Saturday, September 10, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser

 “Hello?” came Edward’s groggy voice.

“Hi, Edward. I’m sorry I woke you,” I muttered.

“I didn’t even realize I fell asleep,” he chuckled. “I was watching some crazy television show on MTV. The Jersey Shore? Yeah, it’s crap. I must have dozed off.”

“I’m still sorry. You must be completely drained,” I apologized. “I’ll keep this short so you can go back to sleep.”

“Bella, you can call me anytime. Relax,” he teased.

I blushed and bit my lip. “Anyhow, I got a text from Rose. We’re meeting her at the rink at ten in the morning. We’re going to do some work on our short program. Then, I’m taking you to the gym to get some strength training in.”

“Excellent. The workout room in the hotel is seriously lacking,” Edward groaned.

“Also, my roommate/costume designer wants to know what you like on your pizza? We’re having a party at our apartment in your honor,” I said quietly.

“I’m flexible. Anything except anchovies and pineapple. I’ll eat anything else,” he laughed. “I’m a guy. If it’s not covered in mold, I’ll eat it.”

“Edward, that’s gross.”

“Eh, at least I can cook,” he snorted. “I’ll see you tomorrow at the rink.”

I closed my eyes slightly and took a breath. “Do you want me to pick you up? To go to the rink? It’s no big deal.”

“I actually would prefer it. Liam drives like he’s on the Autobahn,” Edward cringed. “He’s going to kill us all. Shall I see you around 9:30?”

“Works for me,” I smiled. Alice held up a white board, telling me to inform Edward to bring his clothes for our party. “Oh, lord.”

“What?”

“My roommate is passing notes. She’s holding a whiteboard with a message for you,” I said flatly. “Bring your clothes for the party. She’s erasing. And now she’s holding it up again. You can shower here after your workout.”

“Tell your roommate that I appreciate it,” Edward guffawed. “Anyhow, I’m going to eat some dinner and then I’m going to bed. Thank you again for carting me around. Remind me to have you fill up your gas tank. I still owe you that.”

“Edward, it’s not necessary,” I muttered.

“Yes. It is,” he said. I can imagine him arching his brow. “See you tomorrow.
Sleep well, Bella.”

“You too, Edward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment