Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Next Chapter Teaser


“Carlisle told me about what happened in Seattle,” Esme said, linking her arm with mine. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Kate is treading a fine line of getting her perfect blond hair buzzed off,” I said, arching a brow. “She had no right to touch Edward like that. And then to lie about Marie talking, she better be grateful that I don’t have her address. Wench.”

“Don’t hold back, Bella,” Esme teased.

“Trust me, I am. Marie has the ears of a hawk. If I drop one swear, she’ll make me pay,” I snickered. David ran into my legs, causing me to roll my foot. “Damn it!”

“Swear jar, Momma,” Marie called.

“Oooooh, she’s relentless,” Esme snickered. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine,” I said. “Watch where you’re running, Taz.”

“Taz?” David asked.

“Tanzamanian Devil. You run around without watching where you’re going, leaving a wake of destruction in your path,” I said, poking his sides.

“EJ! Mommy thinks I’m a devil!” David shrieked as he ran back to EJ.

“Shit.”

“Momma,” Marie said, shooting me a look.

“I know, I know,” I grumbled. Esme and I sat down on a bench near the light up board. We could see all of the children doing varying activities in the museum. “Honestly, how did things go with them?”

“A little squirrely, but nothing too horrific,” she said. “David got sick while you were gone. Puked everywhere. Mainly on Carlisle. He groaned and said that he had forgotten what it was like with toddlers. Alice was constantly sick and Edward was always running into things. I swear that boy had more broken bones as a kid. Even before his accident. He broke his wrist twice, his nose once, and his ankles about three times. David and Edward are definitely father and son. I see a lot of him in David. We actually called Edward ‘Taz’ when he was a kid. Ironically, enough.”

“Poor Carlisle,” I said. “How bad was the puke?”

“Projectile, sweetie,” Esme said. I wrinkled my nose and blew out a breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment