Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood - Teaser: Chapter Four


I was honestly shocked at what Carlisle had to say. I was also incredibly pissed off. Why he had waited until he had irreparably damaged his relationship with Edward before he made some sort of contact made my blood boil. Why couldn’t he have said these things while he was still alive? So he could see Edward’s reaction? I bristled and gripped the paper.

“Bella?” Edward asked as he pulled the letter from my hands. “What’s wrong, love?”

“I’m just mad at your father.”

“Why?”

“Because he should have said these things to your face,” I said. “You deserve more than a letter, Edward. You’re father should have loved you while he was still here. He should have supported you. Been proud of you. In the present. Not a letter trying to make amends. That just pisses me off.”

“I get it,” Edward said as he brushed my hair over my shoulder. “I have so many feelings going through me now. I’m happy that my father finally noticed me. Pissed off that he wrote it in a letter. Sad that I didn’t get a chance to talk to him about the letter before…”

No comments:

Post a Comment