Monday, August 22, 2011

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood - Teaser: Chapter Three

The Geek's Guide To Parenthood teaser....

“Wonderful,” Marcus said. “So, Demetri, when are you going to make an honest man out of your Alex?”

“Aw, hell,” he grumbled. “I have his ring. I want to propose here. In Italy.”
...
I nearly choked on my wine. Marcus gave me a curious look and rubbed my back. “You okay, Edward?”

“Peachy,” I rasped out. I chugged my water and looked at Demetri, not able to really hold his gaze.

“You know something,” Demetri said, arching his brow. “Spill it, Cullen.”

“Um, shit,” I said, rubbing my face. “Alex approached me in the airport yesterday. He wanted advice on how to propose and be all ‘romantic’ about it. I’m apparently the king of romance.”

“You are,” Marcus and Demetri said.

“Riiiiiiiiight,” I snickered. “So, yeah. Alex wants to propose to you. And you want to propose to him. What a conundrum.”

“Did he say when?” Demetri asked.

“No. He just asked for advice,” I said as I nibbled on my salad.

“And what did you say?” Demetri pressed.

“I’ve already said too much,” I grimaced. “I’m assuming he wanted to surprise you.”

“Well, that answers that,” Marcus laughed. “Finally! How long have you and Alex been together?”

“Nearly ten years,” Demetri replied. “I’ve just been afraid. You know? What if he says no? What if he finally realizes that I’m not the one?”

“Dem, Alex loves you. Tremendously,” I said, taking his hand. “Make an honest man out of him. Adopt adorable children and let us spoil them. Please?”

No comments:

Post a Comment