Tuesday, August 2, 2011

ANSOL Teaser: Chapter 37


“Spill,” I said, sitting up on the bed.

Jasper sighed and darted across to his room. He returned a few minutes later with a sheet of paper. He put it on the bed between us. It was a sketch for a tattoo with a quote: “All for one and one for all/My brother and my friend/What fun we have/The time we share/Brothers 'til the end.”

“Edward, you’re my brother. I’ve always loved you like one and now we are. You, me, Demetri and Alex are all getting this tattooed on our bodies. Where it’s up to you, but this is important to me,” Jasper said. “The girls are doing something similar. It’s part of Alice and my wedding present to you and Bella.”

“Where are you getting it?” I asked.

“My hip,” Jasper replied. “I’d probably suggest your back or ribs. If you get another tat on your hip, it’ll make having sex a little difficult.”

“What is the quote the they’re getting?”

“’A true sister is a friend who listens with her heart,’” Jasper answered. “So, where do you want it?”

“Center of my back,” I replied. “It’s going to hurt, isn’t it?”

“On your spine? Fuck yeah,” Jasper snickered. I groaned and fell back on the bed. We lounged for a few more hours before changing to get ready for dinner. It was a pretty laid back affair. The only point of contention was Renee and Charlie. I could tell that Renee was not pleased that Charlie was here. Bella and I sat them as far away as possible to try and keep things quiet with the natives.

Once the bill was paid, Rose took the girls for the bachelorette party. I was surprised to see Esme and Renee go with them. Charlie told us he was going back to the hotel. Phil and Marcus were hemming and hawing about coming with us. After some convincing, they decided to join us while we got our tattoos. It was actually Phil who told us about an awesome tattoo parlor that we ended up going to.

We got to the tattoo parlor and Jasper explained our intent and handed over the sketch that presumably Alice drew up. The shop manager got four artists and we all explained where we wanted it. The tattoo artist that was assigned to me was the owner. Before we got started, I pulled him aside. “In addition to this quote, can you put a small angel on the back of my neck?”

“How big?” he asked.

“Two or three inches,” I said. “Can you also add the initials IMC and the date 12-24-11?”

“Sure man,” he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment