Wednesday, August 30, 2023

May We Meet Again Teaser

 I was sitting at my desk, trying to make plans for Bella's rescue, but coming up with nothing. I was angry, scared, and sick with worry. I had to save her. I absolutely had to.

Think, brain think!

"Newton to Cullen," Mike called over the radio. "You've got some visitors."

"I'm busy," I snapped to myself. I picked up the radio, keeping my voice even. "I'm working, Mike."

"You'll want to see these visitors," Mike pressed.

"Unless it's Jacob, returning Bella, I don't want to see anyone," I snarled. "I've got to figure out how to save her and being interrupted? Not. Helping." I went to turn off the radio when it crackled again.

"Edward, it's your mother … please, let me see you. It's been so long and from I'm hearing, I'm worried about you," Mom said. "Your father and I both are."

I leaned forward, pinching my nose. Hearing my mother's sweet voice made my heart lurch, missing her and my father. It also made me want their comfort, even if I didn't deserve it. Bella was taken under my watch. I promised her that I'd keep her safe, and I'd failed. I'd failed her in the worst possible way. "I don't deserve your support or your love … I failed her, Mom." I swiped my fingers under my cheeks and wiped away tears. "I'll meet you in the dining hall. Cullen out."


No comments:

Post a Comment