Monday, August 21, 2023

May We Meet Again Teaser

 "Get the Rover ready to go," I said woodenly, unclipping my radio. "We need to find them. Bella cannot be taken back to the Drop Ship. Jacob will … he'll …" I stood up and tried to not cry. I had to be strong for my Bella.

I was failing miserably.

"We can't take the Rover. Not today," Jasper said, pointing to the dead battery. "It needs to charge for at least eight hours."

"Then, find something else to cover the ground!" I yelled, turning to face Jasper. "Run! Just get her back!" I wanted to take off into the forest, but strong arms stopped him. Peter tackled me back to the ground. "Get the fuck off me. I need to find her!"

"Bella would tell you not to go off half-cocked, Edward," Peter said. "Radio your team."

Scowling at Peter, I opened a channel to the command center. "Cullen to Command Center, Mallory come in?"

"Yorkie here. Mallory was on the overnight shift," Eric said. "How can I help you, Commander?"

Swallowing down bile, I spoke to Eric. "Can you pull up the security feeds in the garage? Bella was called up here for a medical emergency, but there wasn't an emergency. There's also no Bella. She was taken by someone from the Drop Ship."

"I remember that call," Eric said. "It came from a different channel than we use for medical."

"What channel?" I pressed.

"One we don't use … channel fourteen," Eric replied. "We can hear all the conversations, but we have to turn to the channel in order to respond. Anyway, I didn't recognize the voice, either."

The update for May We Meet Again will be posted on Friday. I have curriculum night on Thursday and will not get home until after nine at night. Thank you for your patience. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment