Friday, October 5, 2018

A Modern Day Fairy Tale Update

AMDFT Chapter 29 on FicPad

AMDFT Chapter 29 on FFn

AMDFT Chapter 29 on Stars

AMDFT Chapter 29 on AO3

AMDFT Chapter 29 on Wattpad


Upon our return from the hospital on Christmas Eve, we had a quiet meal in my parents’ private quarters. We also exchanged a few small gifts before we all went our separate ways. Bella called them ‘stocking stuffers.’ They were small trinkets, representative of Gevalia for each member of the Swan family. Charlie and Linda got a gift basket of various coffees that were popular in Gevalia. We also included a coffee liqueur, as well. The coffee baskets came from Emmett. Bella and Alice got smaller baskets with the coffees, along with a box of chocolate truffles. Mother gave Bella, Linda and Alice exquisite lace scarves, made  by the finest artisans in our tiny country. Charlie got a cashmere scarf.

We went back to Masen Manor. I spent the night making love to Bella, showing her how much I adored her. Seeing her with that little girl made my heart soar. I wanted nothing more than to start a family with her, after making her mine. Forever.

I wanted to make her my wife.

I knew it was too soon, but I could see a future with her. I could see her ruling by my side.

As I held her, after making love to her for the third time, I stared at her. Her naked body was pressed to mine, curled to my side. I ran my fingers through her hair, just watching her sleep comfortably.

My reverie, unfortunately, was broken as my cell phone vibrated on the nightstand. I picked up the phone, grimacing as I saw my mother’s private number pop up. I slid out of the bed. I looked at my girl, happy and loved for the first time since her dad’s diagnosis. I wanted to make sure she had that. For as long as possible.

Pulling on my sweats, I ducked into my private living quarters. “Mother? It’s three in the morning.”

“Go to a computer. I’ve sent you a link, Edward,” Mom said, her voice taking on a hard edge.

“Hold on,” I said, sitting down at my desk and waking up my laptop. I opened my email, I found the link my mom sent. It was a blog post from one of the nasty ‘reporters’, trashing my girlfriend. “Are you fucking kidding me?”

“The inside source?” Mom snarled. “I have no doubt that it’s Bella’s sister.”

“Do you have proof?” I asked. “I know you have security cameras.”

“No proof. Her phone is still locked up in Renata’s room, along with Linda’s. The phones in the palace cannot make outside calls unless you put in the correct code,” Mom huffed. “Either she gained access through the palace phones, using a servant to make the call, or she met up with this … asshole … outside.”

“Charlie and Linda have enjoyed the capital, but Alice has stayed in the palace, holed up in her room,” I answered. “She must have called upon one of the servants. Befriended them and got access to the phone.” I pinched my nose. “Interview the staff.”

“Felix is already on it, Edward. You do need to … you have to tell Bella,” she muttered. “I know this will shatter her heart.”

“What are we going to do with this libelous drivel?” I sneered.

“I’ve already drafted a response and I’m working with our legal team to handle the blot site. This site has posted negative press about the royal family, but this is the most atrocious thing I’ve ever read. We’re working on getting a retraction, along with closing the site down. They’ve posted awful things about you, Emmett, me and everyone in the royal family. We’re used to it, Edward. You’re sweet Bella? She’s not.”

“This is going to … her self-esteem is pretty low. All thanks to her lovely sister,” I growled. “I wanted nothing more than to give Bella a memorable, perfect Christmas. Now? It’s marred by this blog post.”

“Be that is it may, the press about Bella far outweighs the negative. Every article is positive, save for this blog post,” Mom breathed.




Present for Alice

Present for Alice and Bella from Charlie


Present to Bella from Esme




Present to Charlie from Masen

Present to Charlie from Bella



Present to Linda

Present to Masen from Bella

Present to Masen from Bella

Present to Masen from Bella

Present to Masen from Charlie and Linda

Present to Bella from Linda

Bella's Dress, Christmas Mass




Present to Bella from Carlisle

Present to Bella from Masen

Laurent DuBois



No comments:

Post a Comment