Friday, July 7, 2023

Worth the Fight Teaser

The fire was burning in the fireplace with some quiet instrumental holiday music playing in the background. Edward was hanging some décor over the fireplace, giant bells and straightening them, trying not to let them all clang. Bella was carefully unwrapping ornaments, hanging them on her rustically, but elegantly appointed tree. It had been put up hastily, but not decorated due to the craziness of their schedules.

“Will it snow?” Edward asked. “Not like Chicago has had white Christmases recently, but I do like the idea of the white fluffy stuff on the ground for Christmas.”

“More like a sleety, mushy, snowy mess,” Bella answered, wrinkling her nose. “In the higher elevations, they get snow. With our location, we get more sleet. Though when I was thirteen, we had a huge snowstorm. We were stuck at Bull Dog for three days. The plows couldn’t get out.”

“Three days at the gym. Sounds like fun,” Edward deadpanned.

“We had everything we needed. Showers, a kitchen, food, and entertainment,” Bella quipped. “The only thing that sucked was that I was the only girl. The guys were rank where I came out smelling like a proverbial rose. Even my dad reverted back to his baser, male instincts. I made Carlisle pick me up and I stayed with them until my dad realized that he smelled like a foot.”

“Gross!” Edward laughed. “I mean, all guys go through that phase, but a grown man?”

“Yep,” Bella said, standing up and wiping her hands on her jeans.



1 comment: