Friday, July 13, 2018

A Modern Day Fairy Tale Update

AMDFT Chapter 18 on  FicPad

AMDFT Chapter 18 on FFn

AMDFT Chapter 18 on Stars

AMDFT Chapter 18 on AO3

AMDFT Chapter 18 on Wattpad


I watched as Bella discussed what she wanted with Linda Newton and her father. She was animated, ambitious and relaxed. I’d never seen her more at ease in her own skin. Granted, it was just one step to help her. She had a long way to go and there was an unknown component with Alice. She was a wild card.

And I didn’t like wild cards.

“There’s nothing in here,” Jacob grumped as he looked in the industrial coolers. “No food.”

“They sold everything off yesterday, you dolt,” I snickered. “Are you hungry?”

“I’m always hungry,” he smirked.

“Well, I don’t want to rush them, Jake,” I said, gesturing to Bella, Charlie and Linda. “We’ll feed your hungry ass in a little bit.” He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest like a petulant child. “Could you do me a favor?”

“Does it involve eating?” Jacob asked, his brows flying to his hairline. I gave him a wry look. “What, your princeliship?”

“Find out everything you can about the mini-cunt,” I snarled.

“Alice?” Jacob asked.

I nodded tersely. “Who else? She could fuck up everything if she opens her mouth to her friends, to the press. Any tidbit about that bitch, tell me. She does anything illegal? Inform Seth and get her ass arrested. I will not let that manipulative …” I trailed off, clenching my fists. “She’s not going to ruin this for me or for Bella. She’s done enough damage with her spoiled actions and uncaring attitude.”

“I don’t blame you, Mase,” Jacob sighed. “I’ll do some digging. However, with whatever I find, it’s all dependent on either Bella or Charlie pressing charges against her.  She’s stolen from them, destroyed property and assaulted Bella with that slap. Nothing can happen if charges aren’t brought against her, Masen. I don’t think either of them could do that to Alice.”

“I know, but keep an eye on her,” I grumbled. “Monitor her at school, her email, her cell phone …”

“Charlie canceled her plan. She’s without cell phone unless she got a burn phone,” Jacob explained. “I can’t track that unless I know the number and they’re not really …”

“Do what you can, Jake,” I whispered. “I can’t lose her. I won’t let Alice, my mother, or anything come between us. I’ve never felt this way about another person. Ever.”

“I’ll do what I can, Mase. If you can, find out some information about Alice. Friends, teachers, enemies,” Jacob shrugged. “I’ll run background checks on all of them. See if I can’t exploit her weaknesses.”

“Thanks, Jake,” I smiled, clapping him on the shoulder.
Linda Newton


No comments:

Post a Comment